Thursday, October 7, 2010

Summer Visitors - The Millingtons and The Weavers

The last day of July found my sister (let's call her Bear) and her four kids and my brother (we'll call him Big D) and his little family here for a few days. They were here for the occasion of Kilee's baptism (yet another post and if you're keeping track, I'm up to two additional posts that I've promised you). They arrived on a Saturday so Sunday was just hanging out and going to church. I loved having my family in church with me. It was so much fun.

Monday we went for a drive up to Driggs. Same Driggs as the baseball tournament which I still need to blog about. We went to a little park and had lunch. On the left is McKay, Adam, Braxton, Tanner, Aunt Bethany, little Royce, and Big D. On the right is Kilee, behind her is Benjamin and Andrew who you can't see, Bear, and Jared in the stroller. That's my big diet Pepsi in the middle of the table. Just in case you were wondering.

I had to share this picture of Andrew because he is so stinkin' cute.

Big D on the slide with his oldest son, Royce.

Big D at the bottom of the slide where his behind got stuck.

All the kiddos in the tree. See Jared? He's so happy to be up there in Braxton's arms. See Royce? He loves being on Tanner's shoulders. We ended this little excursion with a trip to Ashton and the soda fountain. Yummy shakes! That's a must if you're ever in the area.

Big D's family had to leave on Tuesday. Something about jobs. But Bear and her clan stayed for a few more days.

We drove up to Yellowstone and saw lots of wildlife and watched Old Faithful blow. This is a right after she/he/it finished. Braxton left for scout camp this day so he didn't get to go with us on this fun adventure. In the back is Benjamin, Andrew, Kilee (the only girl). Front is McKay, Adam, Jared, and Tanner.

We also went to the splash park one day and sweet Amy came up did glitter toes on us. Bear and I even managed to sneak away like big girls and go to lunch without kids. I think that is the first time in 13 years. 

Even though Bear was here for five days, it still wasn't long enough. Shy Benjamin just started talking to me and then they had to leave. However, the kids had a great time and that's all that really mattered.

No comments: