Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Summer Project - Sewing

 I have to blame my sister for this project. At some point last spring she told me that Kilee was old enough to sew. I think I mentioned it to Kilee and then to my in-laws and pretty soon, Kilee and I had a pattern and went looking for some fabric.  


Before we started, I made her read the directions twice. Then we got to work. I usually started the step so she could see how to do it and then I let her take over. She was very careful and so determined.


I dare say she even enjoyed the process.

It took us about two hours to finish the first skirt. She loved it. The next day, we bought more fabric and this time, she made the entire skirt herself. It took her 1 1/2 hours.

The pattern we used came from Oliver and S. It was so easy and can be adapted to any size or age of girl. They are so perfect for any day and can be dressed up or down.

Thank you, dear sister, for the idea. We are getting ready to move on to bigger (not necessarily better) things.

4 comments:

Fantastic Five said...

I love it! How old is she? Is she available for hire? I realize she would have to work with a significantly larger amount of fabric to make my slightly larger frame a cute skirt, but I bet she could do it!

PS Just signed two contracts for BYU-I, can I tell you how happy I am that I listened to you?

Marielle said...

Yeah me! I mean, Yeah Kilee!!! :) They are darling!

Natalie said...

Good Job, ladies!

Annie and Family said...

Wow! That is so fun. I "should" let my girls do that too. They are always begging to sew with me. (I use the term "sew" very loosely).