Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Summer Visitors - The Marins

Okay - I know I'm seriously behind in the blogging department. My intent is to catch up quickly, but because this blog also doubles as my journal, you will all have to suffer through summer with me as I get caught up.

Our first visitors, the Marins, came to see us over 4th of July weekend. Lori and Jess live in Winnemucca and it simply wasn't enough that Lori and I talk on the phone every day...sometimes twice a day. The visit was short, but we loved having them here.
Tanner had a baseball tournament in Driggs (more on that coming up) so Saturday morning we drove to Driggs and then we stopped at the Teton Dam site on the way home. My kids are used to me taking pictures all the time. The Marins were less thrilled about the photos.

But then we got back in the truck and this was the scene. It was so peaceful. Stinky, but peaceful. Lori definitely had the better smelling car at this point.

We did sparklers Saturday night and a handful of other fireworks. Then we ate and played games and it was just like old times.

We loved having the Marins here and wish we lived closer, wish they could have stayed longer.

Okay, so maybe only Lori and I wish those things.

No comments: