Friday, October 8, 2010

Kilee's Baptism

Kilee turned eight in June. That means one very important thing: Baptism. Kilee was able to have a very special baptism, though. She got to share her baptism with her cousin, Chloe, who is just 12 days younger. The baptism also included Chloe's other cousin, Jacob.

The baptism took place in Blackfoot, a central location for all of us. My brother, Lance (Chloe's dad), and his family were there as well as my sister Monique and her family, Big D and his family, Bear and her family, and we were very surprised and delighted to have my oldest brother, Quinn, who lives in Alabama, there with his wife.

Before the baptism, we met for an impromptu family reunion of sorts.

L to R: Lance, his son Matthew, my dad, Monique and her husband Grant, Big D.

L to R: My mom, Bear, Quinn, Kathleen, and Randy.

Randy baptized and confirmed Kilee and just like he has in the past, he got very emotional when he started the baptismal prayer.

This is a very rare picture of me on my blog. I hate pictures of me. This is no exeption. But I wanted to show off that beautiful white dress that I paid a whopping $16 for at Costco (two years ago).

Chloe and Kilee.

After the baptism, we gathered as family. Lots of family. Chloe's mom has 9 brothers and sisters. I have six brothers and sisters. Randy's family lives close so his parents and brother's family were also there. Our good friends the Jensons came and shared the occasion with us. And we ate because that's what family get togethers are all about.

It was a wonderful day full of sweet memories, both for Kilee and for me. I'm so grateful to my family and friends for making it that way.

2 comments:

BeCcA said...

So awesome to have all your family together to celebrate a baptism.

Natalie said...

It was, without a doubt, the best day of the year!! I loved all of it, but those sweet precious girls surely stole the show. Thanks for the update. I could say lots more but I will save that for my own journal.