Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was nice. All I really wanted was to be the last one out of bed. That didn't happen. But I did have a lovely breakfast prepared by my kiddos (with a lot of help from their dad). And then after church we had a wonderful meal shared with good friends (um--I hope I can call them friends).


We invited Mike and Kim Treter to share Mother's Day dinner with us. If you remember, they were the married students in my class last semester. Don't ask me why I didn't get a cute picture of the two of them together. I just didn't. As usual, when I have company I like to try new things so we had pulled pork sandwiches with sweet coleslaw. It was delicious!

The Treters were great company and even brought dessert! Kim had made this red velvet cheesecake creation. It was so pretty and tasted divine. It should be noted that the cake is so big that all eight of us only ate 1/4 of the cake.
Isn't it pretty?

Thanks, Kim and Mike, for sharing your dessert (and Mother's Day) with us.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Velvet cake recipe???

Kim said...

Oh goodness! Of course we are friends! We had a great time!