Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Look at Me Being Craftsy!

I realize it is very out of character, and that's exactly why I'm showing it to you. I made something. It was easy and turned out so cute!
If you are looking for a cute, simple, and inexpensive gift for your child's teacher, you can stop looking now. See, the problem with me is that I never start looking (my apologies to past teachers). I'm just one of those parents who is a lousy parent for teachers. And I'm a teacher. Go figure. You'd think I'd go all out at the end of the year in appreciation for all those teachers do.

But no.

And then Nana shows up with this cute thing and shows Kilee and tells me exactly what and where to buy the supplies. Nana kind of forced me into it. I'm wondering if those teachers called my mother and told on me.

So - here's what you need:

You need a clear 4 x 6 frame (Walmart $1), scrap book paper, matching Post-it notes, matching craft flower and button, and matching ribbon. I cut the scrap book paper to fit in the frame.

Tie the ribbon around the frame, remembering that the base of the frame is the top of this project. Think of it as tying the frame shut. Use a little hot glue under the knot to hold the ribbon in place. 

Stick the button on the flower. My little flower already had a slit in it so I just poked the back of the button through that little slit.
Then hot glue the flower on top of the knot. Add a pad of Post-it Notes in the appropriate color and - Wa La! - cute little note holder thing for the teacher. 

Add a cute pen (or a set of cute pens). If you live somewhere besides Rexburg, you can probably just run down to your Office Max or other local stationery store and find a cute writing instrument. But if you live in a small college town (like me), and your closest thing to an Office Max is the office section of Walmart, then I wish you luck finding anything cute to write with. Evidently, college students don't write with anything cute. I must change that.

Anyway - there's an idea for that end-of-year gift that you all feel you must give. And please, don't hold your breath for any more craft posts on this blog.

Happy gift-giving!

3 comments:

lori said...

That is very cute, are you sure you are feeling ok tho? I'm a little concerned.

Amy said...

Did those for some present last year! Aren't they easy? I guess I never posted it! My girlfriend showed me those! LOVE the flower! Mine just had some buttons and a still quote thing on it!

Natalie said...

These are just too dang cute!