Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Very Own

A few weeks ago, I shared the story of my sister going to see The Pioneer Woman. Since then, two wonderful things have happened.

First, my sister got a blog of her own!

Second, I received my very own The Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook! Oh, I am so excited!

Kilee and I sat down and turned the pages and oo-ed and aah-ed. She loves the flowers all over the pages.

We read the dedication page. I laughed because most dedications are just a few words, a phrase at the most. Not so with PW. She's loquacious.

We tried to figure out which section to turn to first.

Dinner?


Supper? Eventually, I had to close the book and start dinner. Supper, actually (I stand corrected).


The end, indeed.

My favorite part, though, was back at the beginning. Remember how I said she might not have very good hand writing?


Perfectly legible if you ask me.

1 comment:

Andi said...

Yes! I love, love, love my cookbook! Her perfect pot roast changed my life forever, and her mashed potato recipe is also amazing! Fattening- but amazing! I've made a ton of her recipes, which is why I had to forget about my new year's resolution to lose weight!