Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ever Notice...?

Have you ever noticed how the closer you get to the end of the school year the harder it is to get out of bed? The harder it is to even get the kids into bed? Forget the fact that the kids don't have any motivation; I don't have any motivation. We've reached the end of homework, end of projects, end of reading slips. We've entered the party-every-day-until-the-last-day phase: field trips, movie days, reading parties.

And as much as I'd like to get annoyed by the fact that they aren't doing anything worthwhile at school, I'm almost grateful that our after school hours can be dedicated to scouts, activity days, mutual, piano practice, piano lessons, baseball, piano recitals, band concerts, dance recitals....

Now, if we can just manage to get out of bed for one more week.

2 comments:

Annie and Family said...

Yawn! What are we talking about? Hee hee... I totally know the feeling. :)

Amy said...

I agree about the school thing! My calendar for the next 2 weeks are, field trip, swimming pool, walk to park, rollar skating rink, etc. UGH! And we wonder why test scores are low. I understand having a party, but sometimes it's too much! Have a great last few weeks!