Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Project Update

Remember project #2? Well, the powder room is really a work in progress. Here's the progress:

My younger sister spied a clock at Kohl's and called me. She sent me down there to investigate. Well, I loved the clock. It was absolutely perfect for my powder room.

As long as I was at Khol's, I took a minute to investigate their home decor. Would you believe I found the best rug? I love this rug because it really blends the cool blues with the warm maple cabinet.

I found this set of plaques at (guess where!) Kohl's and knew they would be perfect....somehow. After consulting with the ever-creative Amy J., I had Randy build a frame for the plaques. We used some wood trim that was here when we moved in and I painted it white with the same paint as the bathroom trim. We attached it to the wall and then centered the plaques in it. Wa-la. Decoration. It would probably look better with a wider frame, but I wasn't going to spend any more money on wood.


It would probably also look better if the plaques were straight. I apologize for the crooked plaques. I didn't bother to check their straightness before I took the picture. Randy suggested I put tape on the backs so that I don't have to continue to straighten them all the time. I think I better take his suggestion. Here's the view from across the room:



All that is left is this wall:
What am I going to do with it? Anyone? I also think a fake plant (think tall and thin. palm trees anyone?) would be nice on the counter, but before I follow my own thoughts, I'll consult those who really know (Amy, Vicki).

Then again, a big bushy plant in the corner behind the toilet could be fun. Guests would feel like they were doing their duty in the great outdoors.

No? Not a very good idea? You people aren't any fun (all five of you).

I should probably buy new hand towels, too. Something that isn't grass green... Don't want my guests thinking it's a broad-leaf plant while they are in the great outdoors.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

What creativity! I think everything is coming together so well. You are patient to see things through and lucky enough to have other peple around to help with ideas. Great Job...and Thanks to Randy. What a woodman!
I can't believe there are only 5 that look at your site...maybe that is all that say anything.

Natalie said...

p.s. - I am not sure there is anything 'wrong' with the 'crooked' plaques. I think all of it is good like it is. I don't know if that means tha I am creative or if it means that I see things like this in magazines or if it means the I would be though with the project....

Fantastic Five said...

I am proud to be among that 5!!

I think a plant in the great outdoors is hilarious...if a plant comes, the hand-towel-leaf MUST stay! :) I am sure Vicki will agree.....

Kelie said...

I love the bathroom!! :) It's cute and it's not distracting that the plaques are crooked... It's kinda cute... Love you!!

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Annie and Family said...

Very cute! The clock was a sweet find! I'd go for a small shelf for your last wall. Sandcastle, plant, shell combination might work. Have fun!