Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Cheerleader for a Day

There are some drawbacks to your children learning to read. In the past when Kilee brought home a flyer for a cheerleading clinic, I would just toss it in the garbage. Well, this year she is quite the reader and was excited about going before I even read the flyer. It was only four days so I consented. It helped that Kilee's best friend, Sydney, was also going to the clinic.

For three days after school, they practiced with the high school cheerleaders. Then came the big performance Friday night. I had to pay a whopping $5 to get into the boys BB game to watch my daughter for two minutes.

The girls started out waiting patiently.

Then Sydney got bored over on her side and came to visit. Suddenly it was time to start. And there goes Sydney.

They did a cheer and a little dance routine.

Kilee enjoyed it and wants to do it again, but I think she'll be too busy with soccer and ballet and piano and activity days to do cheerleading again.

No comments: