Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

I wanted to fix a nice dessert for Valentine's Day. I've never made a cheesecake so decided to attempt it. I spent some time online searching for a recipe and then reading pages of tips to make a good cheesecake. I thought I had it all figured out. I had some help from a certain 3-year-old so I was a little concerned, but not terribly. When the cheesecake was finished baking, I was excited to see that there weren't any cracks in the cake. However, two hours later when I checked on the cheesecake (still cooling in the oven), there was a large crack. I was disappointed. Several hours later, I removed the cheesecake from the oven and left it on the stove. A few minutes later, I came back to put it in the fridge and discovered that Randy had been about his antics again. Even my cheesecake is disappointed about the crack.

PS - It still tasted wonderful.

2 comments:

Cory Shae said...

it tasted even better at midnight. mmmmmmmm.

BeCcA said...

I have never had any lucky making cheescake that didn't crack. I figure that the crack is a great place to put extra topping.