Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Project #2 - Bathrooms

While Randy was busy cutting boards in the garage, I managed to get him to cut some shelves for the vanity in our bathroom. Our vanity is large and there were no shelves. None. How someone could live here for three years and not put in shelves is beyond me. Maybe I'm just shelf happy. Each section of the vanity now has two shelves in it. Imagine the storage!



Then I decided to paint the powder room. This is what it looked like before:


The colors are nice and warm, but I wanted to do something fun. I've always loved the look of sea cottages painted a cool blue and white. So I picked up some paint and away we went. Here is the powder room now:


Besides, going with the beach cottage idea gave me a place to put my collection of sea shells.

I love the colors. Now I just need to figure out what to put on the walls and this room will be done. I'm open to suggestions....

3 comments:

Amy said...

LOVE the colors! I, too, like the cottage look! My mother-in-law has lighthouses on her bathroom walls. I love lighthouses, thoughb because the remind me of my grandpa.....growing up in MI we visited them often. Plus, there is a lot of gospel principles you can apply to a lighthouse! Can't wait to see results!

Annie and Family said...

I love all the projects you have done! You are quite amazing. And I love the photo of you and your sister. Ha Ha Ha. Pretty bathroom! I'll bet you are loving your new home!

Randy and Teresa said...

I love the colors you chose. It's good to see the progress. You've been a busy girl. We miss you.