Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Visitors!

BYU-I has a barbershop festival in January and when I found out about it, I called my dad and asked him and Mom to come up and go to it. They braved some snowy weather getting here, but my kids were so excited when they saw the truck pull in the driveway.


Friday evening we spent two hours up at the university listening to some outstanding student quartets and also the BYU Men's and Women's Choruses. By the way, Elko folks, Steven Johnson is on the second row, far left, of the men's chorus. We were totally excited to see Steven, but we couldn't find him after the performance to say hello. Then we got to hear a nationally known group called FRED and my kids laughed harder than they have in ages. It was great family entertainment.

Following the show, we grabbed a bite to eat and came home to have a belated Christmas with my parents. Then it was time for bed. Nana and Papa had to leave early Saturday morning to go to a funeral so we got an early start on the day.



Nana helped Kilee make cinnamon cream syrup (yummy!) and we ate it on whole wheat pancakes.


McKay would not let Papa out of his sight. Papa had to sit next to him at breakfast....


...and when I tried to get a picture of my parents, McKay wouldn't leave his side.


We were sad to have Nana and Papa leave so soon, and we can't wait for them to come back (maybe when there is less snow).

No comments: