Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Say a Little Prayer

So today is the first day of school...for me. I haven't taught in a classroom for over a year. I took last spring off to finish my masters and then we moved. BYU-I started classes yesterday and since I have a M-W-F class, my class starts today. It's an English class, which is everybody's favorite subject. I've gone over and over what I'm doing today and I know it like the back of my hand, but I'm still nervous. Why?

Could be because I have to start with an opening prayer, which you don't do in public school.

Could be because I don't know where to park (though my parking pass lets me park anywhere on campus, I think that actually finding a place to park could be a challenge).

Could be that I don't know what to wear; I only have so many dresses.

Could be that I'm always nervous on the first day of school.

Could be that Randy is out of town and he's my calming influence.

But maybe, just maybe, my prayers don't have as far to travel. It is, after all, the Lord's University.

(It's okay to laugh now. I'm not entirely serious.)

3 comments:

Fantastic Five said...

That is so awesome!!! I am a bit jealous, have to admit. You are going to be amazing.....and there couldn't be a better place to teach (BYU....any branch of course!).

Heather Skahill said...

Good luck to you on your first day. Remember, all you ever needed to know, you learned in Primary.

Natalie said...

You will be fantastic. No worries. However, the end of the comments on your page - all I can say is Oh, bother!