Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Conversation With Tanner

Tanner came home from Nana and Papa's today. He spent a few days with them and his cousin, Adam. He came home to me tired and excited. On the way to baseball practice tonight, Tanner asked, "Mom, what is the most fun you ever had with Nana and Papa on their farm when you were growing up?"

If you are related to me, you are now laughing your head off. You've probably fallen off your chair. You're laughing so hard you're crying.

I thought and thought and thought. "Mom?" Tanner asked.

Me: "Um...Tanner, we didn't really have fun when I was growing up. All we did was work."
Tanner: "What? Papa never bought you donuts?"
Me: "Nope."
Tanner: "You never built a clubhouse?"
Me: "No."
Tanner: "Well, how come Papa does that for the grandkids?"
Me: "Because you're the grandkids and it's my job to teach you how to work, not Papa's."
Tanner: "Oh. Well, I like Papa better than your dad."

(Which doesn't make a lot of sense because they are the same person.)

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I like Papa, too. We really, really like Tanner. HOpe you post his new look.