Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I Need Your Help!

I'm getting ready to paint Kilee's bedroom. She picked out a new bed set for her birthday, and it isn't pink. I was shocked. I'm still shocked. Using two of the colors in her cute new set, we purchased paint. For the wall behind her bed, we're going to paint it this color:
It's kind of an indigo-purple-gray color.

For the other walls, we are going to paint them this color:

It's a very pale blueish-greenish color. We're leaving the trim and ceiling white.

The problem is this space here:
That ledge up there and the wall above it.  And the closet to the left. See, the wall straight in front of  you is going to be the blue-indigo color. The other three walls (that you can't see) will be the pale blue-green.  I think I'll paint the wall above the ledge white because it is so dark up there.

What I really need help with is figuring out what color to paint the ledge.
Here's a close-up of right above the bed. The wall below the ledge will be blue-indigo. The wall above the ledge will be white. Do I paint the ledge the indigo color? Or do I paint the ledge white? Or should I paint the ledge the blue-green color?

Here's a close-up of above the closet. The ledge is to the right. The wall above the door (to the left) will be the blue-green color, maybe. Maybe it would look better white since the wall above the closet will be white. So do I paint around the closet blue-indigo? or blue-green?

So, all you interior decorator, craftsy, color-minded people, what do I do? And yes, I expect you to comment. No comments will not help me at all and then I'll end up painting everything neon green.

2 comments:

Annie and Family said...

I'm thinking the neon green. Hee hee. Ya, good luck and have fun!

Kelie said...

I would paint the ledge the lighter color... Then leave all the trim/doors/etc white... I can't believe she didn't choose pink!