Monday, June 21, 2010

Lonely

Yesterday, Randy and I took Braxton to music camp and left Kilee and McKay with Nana and Papa. Tanner couldn't stay because he has all-star baseball practice (more on that in another post).

Today, Tanner had the run of the house and his mom's undivided attention.

Tonight, I went outside to get Tanner. He had been outside playing with the kitty. When I stepped out of the house, I noticed Tanner's shoulders shaking. He was still petting the kitty, but tears were dropping off his chin onto the kitty's fur. I went out and sat by him on the sidewalk. I put my arms around him and held him tight.

When he could finally talk again, he said, "I hate being lonely."

3 comments:

Cory Shae said...

awwwww :( that is the saddest post i have EVER read. how heartbreaking. i am right there with him.

Amy said...

I have to echo Cory's comment......AWWWWWWWWWWWWW! How sweet is that!

Natalie said...

Tell my Tanner that I miss him more. Only a couple more days.