Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Summer 2011

Our summer was crazy. There's no other word for it. Starting the middle of June, we traveled somewhere every week for eight straight weeks. Finally in the middle of August, I said, "Enough! We're staying home!" because school was starting.

In a nut shell: here's summer.

Tanner turned 12 the very end of May and we had a great big party at The Craze Fun Zone with a bunch of 12-year-old boys. They ate a lot of pizza and played a lot of games and I didn't take a single picture. I'm still trying to figure out why I don't have any photos. Bad Mom Moment #462. 

Shortly thereafter, Tanner was ordained a Deacon. Grandma and Grandpa Stocking were able to come up for the ordination.

As did Nana and Papa Millington.  We are so grateful to live close enough to family to have them here for such special occasions.

This is the day of his ordination. Don't look at me. What I want you to look at is the top of our heads. And I have high heels on. Tanner is so tall. He likes to tease me ("Mom, I can totally see right over your head!"), but I like to put him to work (i.e. dust the top shelves).


Braxton went to CSI Music Fest again. This year the choir got a real treat. The BYUI Mens and Womens choirs (the ones in black) came up and sang with the music fest participants. Braxton was the lone percussionist in the band and that was a lot of fun for him.


Kilee turned nine in June and wanted a berry pie for her "cake." We had a wonderful little party with family and friends and she got some great fingernail polish.


My younger brother, Dallas, and his little family came to visit in July. We loved having them here. My kids are still making Royce's frowny face.


Right after Dallas left, my sister Monique came with her kids. We had so much fun with Porter and Elahn and they were so good while they were here.


The end of July we traveled to the old Millington homestead for the family reunion. This is Nana and Papa with all the grandkids. Aren't my nieces and nephews (and my kids, too) totally cute? I have an awesome family.


The reunion is a great time to see all my siblings, which really only happens every two years.


McKay reached a very important milestone in August: he learned to wipe his own bum. That's a very important part of being able to go to kindergarten, you know. Seriously, though, turning five is another important requirement for kindergarten.  He received his first backpack for his birthday. He was (is) so proud of that backpack. Isn't that the cutest face?

Also this summer, Randy had a birthday, I had a birthday, and we celebrated 16 years of marriage. I spent the summer training for a half marathon and ran the Mesa Falls half marathon the end of August. I have no pictures of any of those events. Sorry. The excuse for the marathon is that I was actually running it and didn't worry too much about pictures.

The good news, now, is that I am caught up. The bad news is that I am caught up. What do I post now?

4 comments:

Raegan said...

Ah Trulee - a half marathon? You rock my socks off! I am jealous and disgusted at the same time (not disgusted at you, but at the idea of a half marathon. I'll walk one someday...no really, I'm gonna walk one).

Oh, and you're only in the 400's for bad mom moments, you are one amazing mom then. I past the 400s just in the first year of my oldest child's life!

Marielle said...

Good stuff! I'll probably just skip over the summer altogether. :)

KO's pointless ramble said...

Hey Sister Stocking! A kid came into my work today (I work in one of the advising centers on campus) and told me he has a "really cool FDENG 201 teacher." And so we got to talking about how "cool" you are. haha. Hope all is well!

Natalie said...

What to say, it was an awesome summer all around. I love reliving it through your blog. Thanks so much.