Sunday, September 11, 2011

Mother's Proudest Moment

Today our primary had a special guest. Sister Ginny U. Smith from the Primary General Board came to visit. I normally go to Sunday school, but because I had to make a stop in the library, I was late and classes had all started. I paused outside the primary door to check on my youngest and saw Sister Smith speaking to the children. I stayed to listen.

She spoke to the children for a few minutes about missionary work and then the sharing time focused on missionary work. She took a seat in an empty row just behind where I was sitting next to McKay. A member of our bishopric talked about his mission to Japan and then a sister in our ward talked to the children about her conversion at the age of 17. They were both outstanding in a room full of wiggly children. At one point, the sister asked the children who was going to grow up and be a missionary. Most of the children raised their hands with excitement.

That cute little boy who I was sitting next to said loud enough for everyone to hear, "Not me!" Then he turned to me and said, "Mom, I'm going to be a bus driver."

5 comments:

Kelie said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That is hilarious. I'm sorry, but it's just so dang funny... Only McKay...

Amy said...

That was the best moment of sharing time! ;)

Marielle said...

Good times!

Heather Skahill said...

That is Laugh Out Loud material!

Natalie said...

I can so hear him...no one will ever sway him. He knows what he wants and says it! Thanks for sharing. It is hilarious. What a laugh.