Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Rite of Passage

Braxton is standing over my shoulder and just said, "Mom, not cool. I don't want everything published for the world to read."

So I won't tell you that we spent quite a bit of time reading about the do's and don'ts of shaving. I won't tell you that we spent a lot of time laughing in the mirror while he held a razor in his hand. I won't tell you that we didn't tell his dad because his dad is pitching fits about his son having facial hair.

In short, I won't tell you about the rite of passage that my oldest son just took; you'll have to just figure it out. He's well on his way to becoming a man. I almost cried.

(Almost? says Braxton. Almost? I swear there was a river coming out of your eyes.)

3 comments:

Pezlady Jana said...

this post made me smile! I so love reading about your kids Trulee! :)

Aubz Lynn said...

Tyler's been shaving for about a month now. So not cool; these kids aren't allowed to get older. :)

Amy said...

Were the tears of laughter or sadness? Ryan is getting closer to that, too. Dark hair, dair upper lip.