Friday, November 12, 2010

Final Day at the Happiest Place on Earth


Wednesday was our last day in Disneyland. This was our day to do everything we hadn't already done and do everything we wanted to do again. We started in Fantasyland because we wanted to do the Tea Cups.




Before you know it, we're at Snow White's scary ride, going through Alice's Wonderland, and sailing through Storybook Land.






That, of course, leads us to the song that never ends:

We loved It's a Small World; I'm still singing it.

We decided to split up at this point and they guys went to Toon Town and Nana, Mom, and Kilee went to see the princesses.



Tiana

Belle

Ariel



Then we went to the Matterhorn where we had a really long wait. We were even rewarded for our wait. They had a traffic jam on the Matterhorn and pulled our bobsled off to clear up the traffic. After about a 10 minute wait, we got to go again and didn't even have to stand in line again! We did Buzz Lightyear about five times and then started over. We headed to Splash Mountain where this Mom got soaked. McKay was thrilled to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, but only the first time. The second time, he started out looking like this:


Then we split up again. The bigger people rode Indiana Jones and the smaller people went through Sleeping Beauty's castle and rode the carousel again.


This picture is significant because McKay is up there on the carousel all alone. No siblings, no Papa, no Mom. Before the carousel started, McKay turned to me and said, "Okay, Mom, you go wait out there. I'm a big boy."

I cried again.

We met up on Main Street to wait for the parade, which was fabulous again. My kids got to dance in the streets with Sheriff Woody, Mickey and Minnie, Goofy, and (my favorite) Mary Poppins. Then we took the train around the park at closing and our trip to Disneyland came to a close.


 It was so bittersweet. I loved every minute we spent in the Happiest Place on Earth. I loved that my kids were so good and so happy. There were no complaints, no fights, no unhappiness. I loved sharing this trip with my parents. What sweet memories I have of my mom and Kilee always together; I'm not sure who was taking care of whom. My dad was McKay's best pal. My mom and dad worried about and took such good care of each other. One thing I will never forget is my parents holding hands each night as we walked back to the hotel.


How much longer 'til I can go back?


2 comments:

Natalie said...

Amen.

Heather Skahill said...

So much fun! If you think that was fun, you should start planning to go to Disney World. Oh my! Think all that plus other "worlds" to explore as well. But, go in October like you just did because summer is way too hot to go to Florida. I can't wait to go again, but not in August!