Friday, November 12, 2010

Fantasyland and California Adventures

Day 4, if you're keeping track.

Tuesday was our Magic Morning so we left even earlier so we could get into Disneyland at 9:00. We spent our early hour in Fantasyland.  I loved Fantasyland. I loved that even my big boys enjoyed Fantasyland. This was where it all started for Walt and I think I loved the nostalgia of this land more than aything.







After a few hours in Fantasyland, we were ready to head across the way to California Adventures.


This place was just fun. We rode Soarin' over California three times. We went to animation school (and now there is always a Mickey on my dusty car).  My dad rode California Screaming three or four times and would have gone again but nobody would go with him. (Mom - let this be your reminder that you don't like roller coasters, or roller coasters don't like you.) Grizzly River Run was fun for those who like to get wet. McKay got to see his favorite: Lightning McQueen and Mater. Mostly, we enjoyed being together.







We made it a point to get a good seat for the parade. I don't really like parades, but Disney doesn't put on parades that remind you of home. These are real parades. Huge, energetic, no horses. Simply put, this parade was fun.


Waiting for the Parade.
After the parade, we went to Bug's Land, which was my favorite part of California Adventures. You really do end up feeling like a bug. And Bug's Land was cool and shady. We sang Happy Birthday to my sister from Bug's Land. The 3-D show is not to be misssed, unless you have an arachnophob in your midst. We'll call my arachnophob Tanner. And I'll tell you that when the black widows made an appearance, I literally had to grab Tanner (who was two people away) and hold him to me. He was hysterical. It was terrifying for him, hilarious for the rest of us.

Then we grabbed seats for the World of Color show. Phenomenal doesn't even begin to describe the show. 45 minutes of water, music, color, fire, bubbles. This is what makes Disney great. If you ever get there, you simply cannot miss the World of Color.

Final day to come....



No comments: