Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Eye: Meet Baseball

I got my own Rocky Balboa. I sang the "Rocky" theme song to him, but my attempt at humor was completely lost on the 11-year-old who has no idea who Rocky Balboa is.

Tuesday night, Tanner came home from baseball practice looking like this:

Amazingly, his glasses survived the hit. If you look closely, you can see the outline of a baseball around his eye.

Wednesday morning, his eye was there...somewhere.

Oooh, pretty. We were icing it three times a day and his face hurt clear down do his jaw.

Wednesday night his eye was open, but some black and blue was starting to set in.

Thursday morning, I accused him of playing in my make-up. He didn't think it was funny at first.

Tanner was born with a happy disposition. It's a good thing, too, because he's the one who winds up with broken teeth, scraped up knees, and black eyes.  

3 comments:

Annie and Family said...

Oh no. Sounds like you need to sit that kid down and have a Rocky marathon. :)

Kelie said...

Now, with a literary genius for a mother, he should come up with a wild and fantastic story to go along with how he got the black eye... :)

Natalie said...

I still say he should have stayed here a little longer. I hurt just looking at him. What a guy!