Wednesday, July 21, 2010

June Birthdays

Randy turned 42 in June. Not that we want him to feel old or anything, but he is now six years older than me.
(And Randy would point out that he's the one without a single gray hair.) He requested pie for his birthday and picked out a Razzleberry pie that was so yummy!


With his birthday so close to Father's Day, presents are sometimes not very much fun. However, this year we needed a new barbecue grill so I selected one and then told him he had to go pick it up. The greatest presents were the ones from the kids, though. Braxton evidently got sick of his dad borrowing Braxton's water jug and gave Randy one of his own:


Kilee and I found this great blanket and she absolutely had to have it for her dad.

For those of you who don't know, Randy is a die-hard Univeristy of Idaho fan. He did part of his undergrad there and got his master's degree there.

I don't have a picture of it, but Tanner got his dad cinnamon bears. Those are Randy's favorite candy.

Father's Day was a just a few days later. Kilee had actually thought ahead and picked up some fish hooks for her dad. The boys all gave their dad new clothes, but strangely enough, they boys don't remember buying any shirts for their dad.

One week later, we got to celebrate Kilee's 8th birthday. Tanner had a baseball tournament that weekend so my parents had come up. We live close enough to Grandma and Grandpa Stocking and Uncle Rod and Aunt Christy that they were able to come up and celebrate with us.

We made the kids eat outside so that we could have some peace and quiet inside.

Kilee scored some great presents for her birthday. In addition to a new swimming suit and the Children's Songbook on CD, Kilee also received a new bed set.


And a new scripture case (totally cute!).


But I think the best gift of all was from her Aunt Bear. Months ago my sister and I started discussing jewelry for Kilee's baptism and my sister set to work making a necklace for Kilee. My sister sent me the necklace and it was her gift for Kilee.

I was concerned that the necklace was actually too small, but it fits Kilee perfectly and will be beautiful on her baptism day.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

So cute. Appreciate the update.

Pezlady Jana said...

here's something funny....my hubby's birthday is in June too...and he turned 42 also! And it is always the same weekend as Father's Day! I just thought those similarities were great!