Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Weekend

Nana and Papa braved the nasty weather to come spend Easter weekend with us. I thought I had my camera out a lot, but I really didn't. There are more pictures in my head. Not that it helps any of you...

Nana and Papa came on Thursday evening. It was snowing and blowing and I was worried about them but they arrived just fine. They even brought a bedtime snack. Friday morning we were up early. Randy still had to go to work and I still had a class to teach. After whole wheat pancakes, Nana sat with Tanner while he practiced the piano.

Then, Nana and Kilee came to class with me and Papa took the boys to CAL Stores to browse. I think all the boys were in heaven. After class, we ate lunch at KFC (Papa's favorite). We took the boys home and Nana, Kilee, and I met Cory (my niece---well, technically, she's Randy's niece) for ice cream. Friday night found us playing the Wii with Nana and Papa and watching it snow.

Saturday morning brought General Conference and a good reason to stay home. Not that we could go anywhere. There was way too much snow.

I'm done with snow, by the way. I'm moving back to Nevada where the sun actually shines. Lake Stocking had just dried up and now it's back!

Nana was working on a project and put it on the floor to take a look at it. McKay decided that meant it was his spot so he flopped down on it and then made Papa take up residence next to him.

I'm certain McKay has no idea what he's doing on the DS, but Papa is so good to just be interested in everything. The love this little boy has for his Papa is so special. I'm sure my dad was absolutely exhausted when he went home; he was probably also a little lonely.

Papa wasn't the only one getting some serious love. Kilee hardly left Nana's side. Nana painted Kilee's fingernails, helped Kilee cook, and pretty much had a Kilee shadow while she was here. Between conference sessions, Nana got out her camera and showed Kilee the pictures of last week's trip to Oregon (to visit my sister's family).

Nana explained every single picture and Kilee listened to the whole trip and loved seeing the pictures of her cousins.

While the guys were at priesthood Saturday night, we made cinnamon rolls for Sunday's breakfast. Of course they ate a few as soon as they got home, but they were good on Sunday morning, too, while we searched for Easter eggs and baskets. During the morning session, Braxton got out the hymn book and asked Papa to sing tenor with him on the congregational hymn.

Hearing my dad sing with my son was a tender moment for me as I have wonderful memories of my father's tenor voice.

Easter dinner of stuffed pork tenderloin was wonderful. The carrot cake was good (even though it fell in the middle) and the company was great. Thankfully the weather on Sunday was beautiful so that Nana and Papa would have a safe trip home. We loved having them here and look forward to them coming again. Papa did say it would have to stop snowing before he came again.

What that really means is that I may never see them here again because I don't believe there will ever be an end to winter up here!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Thank you - what a wonderful trip - and memories.