Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Odds and Ends

I read an article yesterday while sitting in the dentist's chair about the new James Bond film and it reminded me that I never followed up after my Bond-James-Bond post. Randy and I did go see it and I did enjoy it. However, I think it should be noted that there were no gadgets; there was no visit to the gadget factory in London where Q always worked. That was disappointing. James didn't get the girl at the end. That wasn't entirely disappointing, but it strayed from the tradition of James Bond. Also, the only place the James Bond theme was played was at the beginning of the movie and again when the credits were rolling.

Then I went to see Twilight with my girlfriends. I don't think Vicki likes that I talk during movies. Sorry, Vicki. Anyway, let's just get something straight: The book is ALWAYS better than the movie. (That rule only applies when the book comes first.) The book was better, but the movie was fine. Mary pointed out some interesting things- stalking, for one. Obsession, for another. I didn't just see Twilight once; I went again on Thanksgiving day with my beautiful, pregnant, positive and always happy sister-in-law, Bethany. I think it was better the second time. It beat Madagscar 2, which Bethany and I got out of with the "Dallas, if you don't let me go with Bethany to Twilight here, you'll have to take her when you get back to Boise" routine. (Randy and Dallas took four kids to Madagscar 2 and it got rave reviews from a 6, 9, and 11-year-old.)

What movie is next? How about the film "Clean your house really well because finals are over and you fired the housekeeper." Hmm, think I'll just find a new housekeeper (that actually comes!). Maybe the movie "Get the fake Christmas tree out of the garage and into the house and decorate it." That movie takes a lot of motivation to go see. I think the movie I really want to see though is "Read the stack of books sitting on your nightstand because you have time now and register for the cruise and book your shore excursions and get Christmas cards done this year because you didn't do them last year and finish your Christmas shopping and get those packages in the mail."

That's a terrific run-on sentence, not to mention a really long title for a movie. Maybe I'll skip all of those and go see Four Christmases. I think that's a better option. Hey girls, want to go to a movie? Vicki- I promise not to talk.

1 comment:

April said...

Probably should wait til next week since we're abandoning the husbands this weekend....