Thursday, November 20, 2008

'Twas the Week Before Finals

And all through the house
All the creatures are stirring
Coughing up a lung, or two!

So I was never really good at poetry. However, it's time to post something new, say goodbye to James, and focus on finals. And, oh yah, Thanksgiving. All of that is hard to do when 66% of the household is blowing noses and coughing all night long. It makes it difficult to sleep. And the lack of sleep makes it difficult to be very effective at anything during the day. And the lack of effectivity (is that a word?) causes huge piles of unfolded clothes and sacks of groceries laying about.

Yes, it is laying, not lying. Just taught this concept to my wonderful freshmen this past week.

And no, there are no pictures of laundry or groceries for your viewing pleasure as it seems I've lost my digital camera. Lost. Let's not discuss it because I'm prone to tears.

So how does that poem end?

And I heard her exclaim
As she drove out of sight:
I'm driving away!
Have a good night!

I told you - I'm no good at poems.

No comments: