Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas 2009

We were so excited to be in our new home for Christmas. We were doubly (is that a word?) excited to have Randy's family spend Christmas day with us. The day started with opening presents. We make all the kids wait until everyone is ready before we go into the family room. This year took a little more waiting because Braxton had contacts to put in and McKay was lost.
OK- Braxton can see now and I found McKay.

Then it was on to opening presents. I enjoyed watching my kids interact with each other. In a moment of uncharacteristic brotherly love, Braxton was helping McKay with his new gun. Then Daddy got to show off his new present - a monster TV - and the kids got a Wii. I think we are the last people on earth to get a Wii. I held out as long as I could.

Then we had to get ready for the big family feast. My mother taught me well and we had a beautiful table. This photo is for my mom. Our dining area is large enough that we had two big tables set up in there.

This photo is for Randy. He was so proud of his roll arrangement.


I took advantage of some down time in the morning to call my sisters and enjoy some liquid refreshment.

We loved having all the family here and the big boys even got an opportunity to play the Wii.

The entire weekend was full of family and food. It was a wonderful Christmas holiday.

2 comments:

Andi said...

Hi Trulee! Nope, you're aren't the last people on earth to get a Wii, we still don't have one! But my sister Amy got one for her family this year! We should get together for lunch someday! It would be fun! Happy New Year!

Natalie said...

I ck your site about 3 times a week - except this week! Craziness around here even with no children. I love your blog, I loved reading about Christmas and the table made me cry - Grandma M's china, My Mom's green goblets, a bit of family history going on. Of course, the kids are darling, the band music wasn't all thqt bad and Braxton has great rhythmn. - someof it was pretty tricky. Miss Princess Kilee truly is that. Thanks for the updates. Mom