Saturday, October 3, 2009

Spud Harvest- Day 5

We tried something new. When we were in the grocery store the other day, some Albertson's employee had cleverly stocked caramels next to the apples. I remember enjoying caramel apples in the fall so I caved and bought the caramels (I had a coupon, too!). So on the fifth day of my kids being out of school for no good reason, we made caramel apples.




Betcha can't guess which one is mine. I have decided that despite growing up with an apple orchard, I'm not that fond of apples. I don't like red delicious or granny smith (even for baking). I tend to buy gala apples or golden delicious for my family. Randy likes honeycrisp, but that's a new variety and they're expensive. Hiding under these luscious layers of caramel are gala apples. I like nuts on everything and decided that caramel and nuts would make for a yummy apple. Let me just report that it was really good.

Now, what are we going to do next week?

1 comment:

Annie and Family said...

yum-o! You are one crazy chick not to like apples! Those look really good and what a great fam activity. Isn't spud harvest rockin'... I was always jelous of my friends in that area for getting out of school for POTAOES of all things. Well, its great to see what ya'll are up to. Good luck with the house thing.