Thursday, October 29, 2009

Last night was Braxton's first band concert. Why does every concert start with 6th grade band? Honestly, I didn't recognize any songs. Then we had the 7th graders. I'm sorry, folks, but I couldn't get a picture of Braxton. We were in an auditorium (not a gym!) and he's a percussionist so clear in the back and he's also a little on the small side so he pretty much got lost behind the tympani. I didn't recognize any of their songs either.

And that led me to ponder how my parents managed through five children in beginning band. Or how any parent suffers through beginning band, for that matter.

While my ears are hurting, I realize that Randy's head is falling further and further towards his chest.
He's trying to get McKay to sit still and I think he held a little too still. Then there's a heavy slump on my shoulder.


How can anyone sleep through that cacophony? Well, Tanner can sleep anywhere. We finally called it a night at intermission, which is too bad because the high school band could probably play real music.

1 comment:

Pezlady Jana said...

oh goodness! That post had me rolling in laughter!