Saturday, September 26, 2009

Old Dog...New Tricks

My phone rings this afternoon.

"Trulee Ann."

It's my dad. My heart stops. My dad usually only calls when it is bad news or I'm in trouble.

"Dad?" I ask.

My dad takes a deep breath on the other end of the phone. "How do I send a text message?"

At this minute, my mother, wherever she is, knows the score of the BSU/Bowling Green game.

Mission accomplished.


Later: It just occurred to me that my mom is at the General Relief Society Meeting, which I completely forgot about. Oops.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I laughed - I did keep tabs on the ball game. Couldn't help myself. But conference was, of course, wonderful. Music was uplifiting and exciting.

Heather Skahill said...

Wait until they want you to teach them how to blog. That's a new trick that's hard for an old dog to learn. My dad does not know how to text, either.
Good luck with harvest week. We have Thurs and Fri off of school for inservice. I hate that weather forecast!