Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Just a Reminder

There are some things I was not meant to do. Manual labor, for one. Be a stay-at-home mom, for another. And not that I'm a stay-at-home mom because yesterday I left to pick up kids at 2:40 and didn't get home again until 7:20. And that was all Braxton. It's just that I work from home and I have one very lonely little boy at home and I'm about to go nuts. And I have no friends in this VERY COLD neck of the world. And it's 15 minutes to go to town and I think I'm suffering from PMS, but I digress.....

This morning, I suggested to McKay that he sit and color next to me while I worked on some student essays. The problem arose when he couldn't just color whatever was in the coloring book. He wanted a cow. With horns. "Mommy, find me one." I couldn't find one. "Find a horse, Mama." I found a funny-looking cartoonish horse. "No, Mama, a Spirit horse." You know, like the one in the movie Spirit. So I jumped online and found a coloring page and using my very cool wireless printer connection (working from home has some advantages), I printed the page. But the paper didn't come out quite right and the horse's head didn't print. "No! I want a head!"

At this point, I am at my wits end and the next think I do is lock myself in my bedroom. Except I can't lock the door because the door technically doesn't shut all the way and because it's a rental I don't normally care, but today I care because there was nowhere to go to escape the little boy who wanted a Spirit horse with a head!

Now that I am breathing normal again (and have at least one essay under me belt), here's a reminder for me why I stay home and don't go out in the world to find a job.....yet.



By the way, that's a flaming basketball on his cheek. Face paint from the street fair.

2 comments:

Pezlady Jana said...

oh Trulee! You are so funny!! It makes me feel better about myself to read your funny stories!

Cory Shae said...

i will gladly take that little boy off your hands, any day of the week! :)