Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Twinkies

After primary on Sunday, Tanner's teacher comes over to me to tell me how much they missed Tanner (he was in Idaho with my folks). Then she tells me that a few weeks ago, her lesson was on something-or-other (she really did tell me what but I can't remember now) and she used a Twinkie as an example to explain a concept (no, she didn't take one to class. She's a good teacher and follows the handbook). She said Tanner looked at her kind of strange and asked, "What's a Twinkie?"

She says to me, "Does he really not know what a Twinkie is?" No. Tanner really doesn't know what a Twinkie is. I never buy them.

Then she finishes with this, "Wow, you are really healthy."

And I didn't know what to say. My options: "Yes, we juice our own fruit, too." or "What? Are you kidding me? Do you see the size of my thighs?"

I assured her that we really aren't healthy people.

And made a mental note to buy Twinkies.

3 comments:

Fantastic Five said...

Don't do it Trulee....stay strong!!! :)

Marielle said...

So Adam comes home from School a couple of weeks ago and says, "Mom, McKay had this thing in his lunch that was so good, he shared it with me. It was a yellow cake on the outside and shaped like this (done with his hands) and it had this yummy cream on the inside." You got, he was talking about twinkies!! Your kids are not alone n this homemade cookie for treats world you and I lead.

By the way, I have to type ingumpa below-what in the world is that?

Pezlady Jana said...

haha! That cracked me up!!