Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Conferences

Last week we had a rash of conferences. All three kids had parent-teacher conferences, which I can't decide if I love or hate. I can definitely state that I don't like waiting for 50 minutes to meet with four teachers only to have a big sign staring me in the face that says: "Please limit conferences to 10 minutes." Okay, besides that.

Each teacher had writing samples for me. First was Tanner who had written and illustrated a book of poetry:

Next was Kilee who had written dinosaur stories (She copies off the SmartBoard so nicely.):

Then was Braxton who had to build a pop-up book to demonstrate knowledge of certain literary terms.I wish I could tell you what this is, but I can't. And Braxton currently isn't home for me to ask him, either. Let me just tell you that presentation isn't his strength.

I also had a conference of sorts last week. If you really wanted to see a writing sample, I could post my paper on practical applications of adult learning theories, but that might not be very much fun to read. What is fun to read is this:

Can I start signing my name Trulee Ann Stocking, M.Ed. ?

PS - Feel free to let me know when I'm no longer humble. :)

1 comment:

Fantastic Five said...

You have earned the right to pat yourself on the back a bit....I only wish it was myself finishing a masters program as opposed to just starting it. Congrats!!

Great samples of your kids' work!