Friday, January 23, 2009

Some of My Favorite (Cruise) Things

There were a lot of things I loved about our recent cruise to the Mexican Riviera (Puerta Vallarta, Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas). Some of my favorite are here.

Each night, the steward (ours was Linda from Slovakia) would turn down our bed, leave us a caper (tomorrow's activities), two chocolates, and a towel creature. It was a different creature every night.



Another of my favorite things was the food. Not just that it tasted great and you could eat as much as you wanted, but the way it was presented was as enjoyable as eating it. Our headwaitress was Andrea from Romania and her assistant was Nicart from the Phillippines. It was almost sad to say goodbye to them. They were wonderful. On the 2nd and 3rd nights, one of our group asked for the cheese plate as we were being seated. Every night from then on, Andrea had it on the table when we arrived.



Each night we also had "Showtime" during dinner. The servers would stop serving and sing and dance for us. Nicart really got into it and put on a great show.

Cruise details to be continued...

2 comments:

Fantastic Five said...

Okay, I am now officially stalking you and Vicki via your blogs - looks like you two are the fun people to get to know.....when's OUR next cruise? :)

How long have you been at GBC, I am seriously jealous of you!!

Trulee said...

You have got to go on a cruise! It is the best vacation (like I've taken so many and know what I'm talking about). Plan for two year from now, maybe three. :)

As for GBC, I've taught there for about 5 years. I absolutely love it.