Friday, January 2, 2009

Jesus Came to our House!

That kind of sounds sacrilegious, doesn't it? It's really not.

Our good friends, the Wood family, stopped by on their way home from Christmas vacation in Utah. Warren and Sharon both teach over in Fallon. I love this family. We all love this family. Ty and Braxton are exactly the same age; Braxton is only two days older. Kilee absolutely worships Aubrey. (She's watching you, Aubs. No pressure.) Ryne is a fantastic young man who is great with the little kids and gets along great with the grown-ups. Here is a recent family picture:
Warren looked a little scruffy when they stopped by. They'd been in the car for about 5 hours and his hair was going in all directions and his mustache was thick. He looked like someone else that we have pictures of in our house and McKay took to calling him Jesus. Each time I would correct McKay and say, "Warren." McKay would repeat "Wawwen" and then he'd turn to Warren and say, "Jesus, come here." Except with McKay it sounded more like "comere." Warren, bless his heart, is nearly 12 years removed from a baby and followed McKay around, held him on his lap, carried him, and in general responded to Jesus.

As far as I'm concerned, Warren may not be Jesus, but he's a great man aspiring to be like Jesus and obviously, McKay knows great spiritual men when he sees them.

And just because sweet Aubrey left this photo on my computer, I'm putting it here for you to see. It was one of my favorites of her senior photos. My favorites are the ones where she has a great big smile - almost a laugh - because that's how I always picture Aubs in my mind.
This photo gives me hope for the future. There are outstanding teenagers out there (with outstanding parents).

No comments: