Saturday, November 1, 2008

Playing Dress-Up

I don't remember much about Halloween costumes. I think I went as a hill-billy once. I do remember a Pippy Longstocking. But that's about it. Does that mean that when my kids are grown they won't remember what they were?







Does it mean they won't remember the search for swords, the cutting of sashes, the feathering of hats? Will Tanner (on the left) remember the fit he pitched over wearing tights? Will Braxton (middle) remember looking at images of the Three Musketeers online? Will Logan (on the right) ever figure out that the "colored pencil" we used to draw on his mustache really was eye liner (make-up! ewww!)?





Will Kilee (in the middle of her brothers now) remember adamantly refusing to let me spray black on her hair? I thought she would have liked the black hair. Don't witches have black hair?



Will Jess (here with older brother Logan and older vampire sister Behle) remember that he was Spider Man two years in a row?


No, I don't think they'll remember any of that. I'd like to think, though, that they will remember trick-or-treating with their friends, taking care of Dalmation McKay (for two years in a row), staying up late, and sleeping on the floor. Those are the memories that I hope stay with them for a life time.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

It looks like you had a great time! I love the three muskateers!