Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Time Out!

Randy wasn't very pleased with the mouse post so it's time to move on.

10 days ago I was able to meet my two best friends in Salt Lake City for Time Out for Women. I'm not sure what I expected, but I got more than I imagined. Besides three great days with two of my favorite people, I was spiritually fed and uplifted.



We did some shopping Friday afternoon and then ran to my aunt's house to leave our things. Thank you, Aunt Dixie, for hosting us. We enjoyed every minute we spent with you and Uncle Gary. Then it was off to the Salt Palace to hang with 3,300 other women.

Friday was fabulous as we got to hear from Wendy Watson Nelson, wife of Elder Russell M. Nelson, and Sheri Dew. Saturday we were entertained by Mary Ellen Edmunds and Emily Watts, and we were taught by S. Michael Wilcox and Kris Blecher. It was really an uplifting experience. Lori, Vicki, and I spent some time talking about what we learned and we know.


Some things will not be forgotten: the beaver hat, running to Olive Garden to get a table for lunch, makeovers, scary Walmart, Trulee forgetting very important things like a toothbrush and pajamas.


Some things will be treasured: knowing that I couldn't ask for two better friends in all the world, knowing that my husband loves me (and didn't complain at all about taking a day off work so I could go), knowing that I'm here for a purpose, and knowing that there are women out there who love and live and struggle and rejoice, just like me.


We made plans for next year. Now that I think about it, we made a lot of plans over the weekend. Plans that involve three women and no husbands or children. Plans that I know we will carry out. And I can't wait!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Is Kris Belcher not the FUNNIEST person you have every met!?!?!??! LOVE HER!