Tuesday, November 24, 2009

#21

It's not a big secret that I greatly dislike where we are currently living. I couldn't find a house that I loved (or even liked, for that matter) and we needed to get into a place fast because school was starting. This little basement apartment came up and the landlord didn't require a lease, which was good because that means we can leave anytime...like next week when we move into a house...a house which I love, by the way.


In the meantime, this apartment has provided its set of challenges. We dealt with quite a few spiders when we first moved in. My kids aren't scared of those anymore. Not even McKay. He'll grab a shoe and take out the spider. Over the weekend, he rolled over a little one with his toy car.


One other challenge, that isn't as easy to deal with, has been mice. Not A mouse, but MICE, as in lots. More than I've seen in the last five years. We didn't have a single mouse in Elko. I loved the neighbor's cat because of that. Now that I think about it, we've probably caught more in this apartment than I've seen in my whole 36 years.


Most of them have been caught under the kitchen sink, but we did have some glue traps around just in case. Saturday morning Randy observed this little creature in a glue trap next to the dryer.




Disgusting, huh? This is #21. It was still alive at this point so then there was some morbid excitement about how to take out the mouse. If you know Braxton, you know how it ended. And try as I might to keep three other kids from watching, it was somewhat of a victory for them.

In case you are wondering, the next one will be #27. Please don't call Health and Welfare on us yet. Give me one week to get moved out and into my house.

Coming soon - pictures of my new house!!!

No comments: