Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Things About the Mormon Bubble....

In the grocery store on Saturday:

Checker (to the older couple in front of me): "Hi. How's your day?"
Couple: "Good. We went to the temple this morning."
Checker: "How was the temple?"
Couple: "It was really nice."

I have two things to say about this. First, who talks about the temple in the grocery store check-out line? Seriously.

Second, when you ask an endowed member how the temple was, what do you expect them to say? It was noisy? crowded? It just didn't do anything for me today? Really, what options are there?

Then, in a community meeting tonight, one lady wants to offer a comment so she says, "My husband gave me a blessing...." And we are all supposed to know what she's talking about.

Okay, Okay. Yes, we probably all knew what she was talking about, but still!

Obviously I'm still adjusting.

3 comments:

BeCcA said...

I can't even imagine conversations like that, most people around here don't even know what a Mormon is.

Natalie said...

I don't usually talk to anyone about going to the temple...but when I am in Costco and see a couple, him in a tie and her in a skirt, I know where they have been. I mean, who wears that kind of clothes at Costco? Well, I do, some days when I go from work!

Natalie said...

I just read what I wrote and my English is terrible - Mrs. Professor, please let me do a redo: He is in a suit and tie while she is wearing a skirt and sweater". There, I feel better.